Mailworks understands how important protecting your privacy is to you. This document will explain to you exactly what information that we collect when you visit our website, place an inquiry on our website, or call us; as well as information that we may otherwise collect in connection with offering our services. It also explains how we use that information and how you can change how we use it.
Please note that use of information we may collect as a service provider or processor to our business clients is limited by the restrictions placed on that information by those clients and their privacy policies. You can learn more about how your information is collected and used by our clients by reviewing the privacy policies of the businesses you engage with.
Children Under 18The Mailworks website is not intended for people under the age of eighteen (18) years. We do not knowingly collect personal information from people under the age of eighteen (18) years. If you are under the age of eighteen (18) years, do not use or provide any information on the Mailworks website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under the age of eighteen (18) years without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information we collect
The personal information we collect about you helps us manage our relationship with you; helps us to provide our services and process your transactions, provide customer service, determine your eligibility to receive exclusive offers for specials, and to improve our services. The personal information we collect, the basis of processing and the purposes of processing are detailed below.
1. Representatives of Prospective Clients - If you place an inquiry, we may collect certain personal information from you including your name, address, telephone number, email address. This information is considered personally identifiable. This information is protected by the use secure web server and is protected by other internal systems that we have in effect.We will collect your name, business name, business address, email address, and phone number. We gather this in order to take steps, at your request, to contact you regarding a direct mail project.
2. Account Holders/Current Clients - We will collect your name, business address, phone number, email address, and billing address. We gather this in order to grant you access to a private log-in where you can access information relevant to you and your relationship with us.
3. Representatives of Vendors/Suppliers - We will collect your name, email address, phone number, order information for goods and services sold by you (or your organization). We gather this in order to store vendor/supplier related information so that we can refer back to it (e.g. for our general record keeping and supplier relationship management). Or (if you are contracting with us as an individual) it is necessary for performance of our contract with you.
4. General Inquirers and those reporting issues with our website - We will collect your name, email address, phone number, and message details. We gather this in order to respond to questions, to provide you with information relating to our services, and to maintain our website.
5. Those who wish to be included in our mailing lists - We will collect your name, company information, and physical or email address. Gathered by consent. If you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time by following the instructions in the “Mailing Lists” section, below.
6. Website Users - We will collect your name, company information, and physical or email address. Gathered by consent. If you subsequently wish to withdraw your consent, you may do so at any time by following the instructions in the “Mailing Lists” section, We will collect your location based on where you access our website, as well as browsing and device information such as IP address, device identifiers, cookies, browsing activities, location data or other information collected automatically when you visit or use the website. We gather this in order to enhance account security, and (in the case of location information) to ensure appropriate privacy regulations are followed. This information additionally allows us to make your experience on our website valuable to you and to improve your overall surfing experience. We may also use information automatically collected through the Internet and other electronic network activity to provide us with additional ways to market our services to you.
Data Retention Periods
We collect, store, and process your personal information on servers located in the United States. Mailworks will retain your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which we collect it. In some instances, we may keep it longer:
• for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement;
• for backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures;
• for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies; or
• for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymous in such a manner that you are no longer identifiable, indefinitely.
Sharing of your Information
Mailworks does not sell or share information with third parties as those terms are defined in the California Privacy Rights Act.
Mailworks reserves the right to share with law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties to the extent we believe applicable law requires our sharing or such sharing is appropriate to protect our rights, your rights or the rights of others. Also, as part of our legitimate interest, we may share in order to manage any proposed sale, restructuring, transfer or merging of any or all part(s) of our business, including to respond to queries from the prospective buyer or merging organization.
We may share with other third parties only with your consent or direction to do so.
• Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages so you don‘t have to re-enter information every time you change pages. Their goal is to make individual web pages load faster and improve website navigation.
Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time like after you leave the website or when you close your web browser.
• Persistent cookies remember certain information about your preferences for viewing the website, and allow Mailworks to recognize you each time you return. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser cache or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
• Third-party cookies are placed by a party other than Mailworks, and may gather browsing activity across multiple websites and across multiple sessions. They are usually a type of persistent cookie and are stored until you delete them or they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie. Most notably, third-party cookies allow third-party server to show you items that you‘ve shown interest in, either directly or indirectly.
Cookies store data about your use, but they are helpful because they allow us to help our website function and customize your experience.
Each browser that is available has options that allow you to refuse to accept cookies. The help files that are associated with your browser will provide full instructions on how to facilitate this block. It is our intention to respect customers’ valid choices regarding their personal information. At this time, our website is configured to recognize the Global Privacy Control, and users who visit our website with the Global Privacy Control enabled will have all but strictly necessary cookies blocked on our website. You also may change your cookie preferences around online data collection by selecting your preferences through our cookie pop-up accessible when landing on our site.
Please note that by blocking any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features, content or personalization.
For Google Analytics Advertising Features, you can opt-out through Google Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out listed above). Google also provides a Google Analytics opt-out plug-in for the web.You also may change your cookie preferences around online data collection by selecting your preferences through our cookie pop-up accessible when landing on our site.
Mailing ListsEmail Lists - We set up an email list for the convenience of our visitors. This email list often provides you with advanced notification regarding new services, sales offer, and other news from Mailworks. Email addresses will not be shared with anyone outside of the staff of Mailworks.
If you are on the Mailworks email list and wish to be removed from it you may do so by emailing us at co*******@th**********.com We will remove you as quickly as possible. We ask you to bear with us as this may require a reset of our server. You may receive one or more additional emails before you are removed from the list.
Regular Mailing List - We may also maintain postal mailing list. You may remove your name from that list by calling us at 518-435-9300 or by sending us a written request at the address on the mail. Please include your mailing label with all written requests to ensure that we can locate your information. You may receive one more mailing from us before you are removed from our mailing list.
For information Mailworks collects as a service provider or processor to our business clients, Mailworks cooperates with the instructions of our business clients regarding any applicable privacy rights.
For information we collect on our own behalf, and for which Mailworks is deemed the business or data controller under applicable law, residents of California have the following rights.
The Right to Know. You may make a request that we disclose to you certain information about your personal information we may hold. Upon verification of your identity, Mailworks will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information and disclose a report of the same, including the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information has been obtained, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclose personal information (as well as which categories of information were disclosed), if any.
To exercise this right, please email us at co*******@th**********.com or call us at 518-435-9300. You will need to provide your name and email address you use in your business relationship with us. In some circumstances, we may need additional information from you to verify your identity or proceed with your request.
The Right to Request Deletion. You may submit a request that we delete personal information we have collected about you. To exercise this right, please email us at co*******@th**********.com or call us at 518-435-9300. You will need to provide your name and email address you use in your business relationship with us. In some circumstances, we may need additional information from you to verify your identity or proceed with your request.
Please note that, in some instances, we may decline to honor your request where, for example, we are unable to verify your identity or an exception to this right applies. For example, we may keep personal information that is necessary to bill you for services, detect security problems, or to comply with laws. If you request that we delete your personal information, we might not be able to offer some services to you or they might not work the way they’re supposed to or that you’re used to.
The Right to Request Correction. You may submit a request that inaccurate personal information we may have about you be corrected.
To exercise this right, please email us at on******@th**********.com or call us at 518-435-9300. You will need to provide your name and email address you use in your business relationship with us as well as the specific information that you would like corrected. In some circumstances, we may need additional information from you to verify your identity or to authenticate the need to correct any of the information we may have about you.
You can use an authorized agent to submit your requests. In addition to verifying your identity, we also will need to verify your authorized agent’s ability to act on your behalf (e.g., by receiving a copy of your signed permission). Once verification is complete, we may communicate directly with you for privacy and security reasons.
We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe, and will not discriminate against you for exercising any of these rights.
For questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices, please feel free to reach out.